An epic bowl of wholesome goodness
by Tharushan Fernando
Have a big nutritious breakfast before taking on the adventures that the coast has to offer. The granola bowl at W15 Weligama comes with dried cereal, honey-coated fruits & nuts, and a scoop of curd.
Down on the coast, there is always a lot to do, from taking on the epic waves to exploring the life and adventure that the sublime sandy beaches have to offer. However, before embarking on any expedition, a big hearty and nutritious breakfast is needed to fuel you through the day. W15's granola bowl does precisely that with dried cereal, honey-coated fruits & nuts lightly toasted in the oven and topped off with a scoop of curd.
Granola provides protein and essential micronutrients like iron, vitamin D, folate, and zinc. The honey-coated fruits add that burst of freshness while the nuts walk in to create a nutty flavour and texture alongside the dried cereal while the scoop of curd creates that extra layer of texture and cooly ties the whole dish together. To make this the ideal breakfast, grab a passionfruit juice to wash it all down and prepare to embark on your journey.
When you have granola prepared, it becomes easy to create a breakfast bowl with whatever topping your heart craves. Here's a simple recipe for you to make granola at home so that you can have a nutritious breakfast every day.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dried fruit, chopped if large
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend.
- Add the vanilla, honey, and/or maple syrup to the oil. Mix thoroughly until each nut and grain is just lightly coated. With a large spoon, spread the granola into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer). The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes). Top with the dried fruit.
- Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want extra-clumpy granola.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. The dried fruit can freeze solid, so let it warm to room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Check out this fantastic dish and many more all-time favourites for breakfast, lunch and dinner at W15 Weligama. Click here to have a look at our menu for a scrumptious feast no matter what your palate craves
Tharushan FernandoContent Creator
Former journalist, copywriter, concept developer and digital media professional. Has been in the field of professional writing for over 10 years, with experience in a variety of industries, including advertising, content writing and news. He is currently working as the content writer for Steradian Capital Investments and W15 Collection.
A breakfast extravagance along the coast
Breakfast at W15 Weligama is a sensory experience that perfectly combines A...
The Hanthana Mountains with Johann Peries
A remarkable expedition through the picturesque Hanthana Mountain Range wit...
Wildlife with W15: EP 02
Welcome back to Wildlife Spotting with W15. Embark on a journey of discover...
Wildlife with W15: EP 01
Explore the fantastic terrain and discover a spectrum of unique encounters ...
Liquid Therapy with W15: EP 01
Unwind with one of our epic cocktails and indulge in the landscape that sur...
Hippie Market hits the shores of W15 Weligama
The Aliya Hippie Market brought its epic vibes to the shores of W15 Weligam...
Liquid Therapy with W15: EP 02
Relax and treat yourself to one of our amazing cocktails while enjoying the...
What’s coming up at W15 Weligama!
Get ready to groove and unwind at W15 Weligama – the premier coastal destin...
Two Baked Eggs with Curry Leave Focaccia
Ready to start your day on a delicious note? Head over to W15 Weligama and ...
High Tea: A regal affair amidst the hills
Unwind in the splendor of vintage Ceylon with a memorable W15 High Tea. Sav...