An epic bowl of wholesome goodness
by and Tharushan Fernando
Have a big nutritious breakfast before taking on the adventures that the coast has to offer. The granola bowl at W15 Weligama comes with dried cereal, honey-coated fruits & nuts, and a scoop of curd.
Down on the coast, there is always a lot to do, from taking on the epic waves to exploring the life and adventure that the sublime sandy beaches have to offer. However, before embarking on any expedition, a big hearty and nutritious breakfast is needed to fuel you through the day. W15's granola bowl does precisely that with dried cereal, honey-coated fruits & nuts lightly toasted in the oven and topped off with a scoop of curd.
Granola provides protein and essential micronutrients like iron, vitamin D, folate, and zinc. The honey-coated fruits add that burst of freshness while the nuts walk in to create a nutty flavour and texture alongside the dried cereal while the scoop of curd creates that extra layer of texture and cooly ties the whole dish together. To make this the ideal breakfast, grab a passionfruit juice to wash it all down and prepare to embark on your journey.
When you have granola prepared, it becomes easy to create a breakfast bowl with whatever topping your heart craves. Here's a simple recipe for you to make granola at home so that you can have a nutritious breakfast every day.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dried fruit, chopped if large
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend.
- Add the vanilla, honey, and/or maple syrup to the oil. Mix thoroughly until each nut and grain is just lightly coated. With a large spoon, spread the granola into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer). The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes). Top with the dried fruit.
- Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want extra-clumpy granola.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. The dried fruit can freeze solid, so let it warm to room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Check out this fantastic dish and many more all-time favourites for breakfast, lunch and dinner at W15 Weligama. Click here to have a look at our menu for a scrumptious feast no matter what your palate craves
Tharushan FernandoContent Creator
Former journalist, copywriter, concept developer and digital media professional. Has been in the field of professional writing for over 10 years, with experience in a variety of industries, including advertising, content writing and news. He is currently working as the content writer for Steradian Capital Investments and w15 collection .
Sail into Flavour: The Prawn Yellow
Ahoy, culinary adventurers! Hold onto your plates, because today we're navi...
Catch you on the next wave
November marks the start of surf season in Sri Lanka, with Weligama topping...
Liquid Therapy: A Sky High Encounter
A look at The Headquarters by W15 beverage collection. From unique cocktail...
The Hills In Luxury
Discover Sri Lanka's lush hills. From the vintage charm of W15 Hanthana to ...
The sacred splendor of the Esala Perehera
Experience the captivating allure of Kandy Esala Perehera, a vibrant celebr...
Headquarters by W15: Lighting Up Colombo's Sky
Experience the spectacular opening weekend of Headquarters by W15, and delv...
Coming Soon: Headquarters by W15
Get ready to ignite your senses and indulge in the vibrant energy of Colomb...
Into the Heart of Weligama
Discover the magic of Weligama as you explore stunning beaches and encounte...
From Thrilling Coastlines to Enchanting Hills
Explore the Best of Sri Lanka with the W15 Collection. Embark on an unforge...
A slice of bliss at W15 Weligama
Get ready to embark on a mouthwatering journey with our wood-fired brick ov...